A Word document is available for download here (petition). This should be sent directly to the Director. The address is on the petition.
Should you rather copy-paste, the text is below.
to: Mr Simon Cane <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Director, UCL Culture
UCL Culture Redesign Team <email@example.com>
re: consultation regarding
UCL Culture proposed restructure, Feb-Mar 2018
I write regarding the proposed restructure for UCL Culture, as described in the February 2018 document “Business case for a change involving re-structuring of posts. UCL Culture”.
Reject proposed re-structure
I urge rejection of this proposal because:
- The academic community was not engaged in its development. It moves too far away from supporting the needs of academic stakeholders.
- UCL museums and collections should not lose capacity of its expertise, as is proposed here by the deletion of museum manager posts. Such a loss will lessen our ability to deliver in teaching, research, and impact as well as in university strategies such as Connected Curriculum.
- The consultation period for this proposal has been too short (one month) and too poorly distributed across UCL academic community.
Furthermore, UCL’s museums and collections are university-wide resources and must primarily serve UCL’s academic mission. To increase the influence of academics on this unit’s strategic direction, I support the following actions:
- improve academic governance for this unit, such as by ensuring the unit’s director has academic standing
- improve academic oversight by placing the unit in a management line under an academic vice-provost such as OVP Research (currently, Professor David Price) or OVP Education and Students (currently, Professor Anthony Smith).